Miracle Mile Rockford is a business district association entrusted to serve the interests of businesses, property owners, neighborhood groups and residents in our neighborhood. Together we unite to advocate for a shared vision and to shape the future of our neighborhood by:
- Utilizing every possible economic development tool and strategy to retain and grow existing businesses and attract new businesses.
- Beautifying the area with improvements to green space, property redevelopment, signage improvements, and well maintained and accessible roads and sidewalks.
- Improving the quality of life for all by promoting activities that bring residents, families and businesses together.
- Working with the Police Department to make the neighborhood as safe as possible.
Geographically, we support the business and residential areas on East State Street from SwedishAmerican Hospital to Rockford University, south to Charles Street and north to Guilford Road. This also includes a TIF district within the business district on E State Street from Fairview to just east of Alpine Road and including a portion of Morsay Drive.
We were founded in 2005 by a grass-roots group of local business people striving to improve the business climate of the neighborhood. Since that time, the area has seen over $17 million in investments including major renovations to Don Carter Lanes, Whitehouse Plaza, Alpine Inn, Mary’s Market Cafe and Bakery, and a brand new CVS Pharmacy. Alpine Hills was donated to the Rockford Park District to use as a year-round family activity center that features a 5-hole junior golf course, zip-lining, a snow park and coming soon, bicycle trails with obstacle course. Sidewalks were installed on both sides of East State Street, which we maintain snow removal for the safety of pedestrians, and street lights will be installed and operational by December, 2017.
We welcome your involvement and invite you to attend our monthly meetings, held the 3rd Wednesday of the month (except July and December) from 8 – 9 am in the Veteran’s Room at Don Carter Lanes, 4007 E. State St.
- Business attraction and retention.
- Stop the proliferation of businesses that impede the attraction and development of new strong businesses.
- Develop a security plan with area businesses to make our neighborhood safer for customers and employees.
- Design and implement a cohesive beautification plan for the East State Street corridor between Fairview and Alpine.
- Design and implement a lighting plan for the East State Street corridor between Fairview and Alpine.
- Monitor the traffic congestion at the intersection of East State Street and Alpine Road.
- Remove barriers and challenges for property and business owners in redeveloping older properties and opening new businesses.
- Continue to create family friendly events that bring the residents and businesses of the Miracle Mile together.